Dr. Rich Berkowitz on how to train for altitude and use LiveO2 in your practice [podcast]
Dr. Rich Berkowitz, DC has a LiveO2 Adaptive Contrast system at his clinic, Carolina Chiropractic Plus, and recently used it to train for his trek to Mt. Everest Base Camp!
In this episode, Tom and Dr. Rich get into training in both personal and clinical applications. Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn from their conversation:
- The step-by-step altitude protocol Dr. Rich used to prepare for Everest Base Camp
- How breathing techniques made a difference for him
- How high altitude training is different than HIIT (high intensity interval training) on Adaptive Contrast
- Why building blood is important in altitude
- How athletes can use LiveO2 to avoid “starting in 2nd place mentally”
- How Dr. Rich keeps his LiveO2 system busy all day long in his clinic (including training kids!)
Click below to listen.
- Julia Hubbel’s podcast (she also hiked to Everest Base Camp)
Have questions about altitude training or clinical application?
Reach out to us here and we’ll connect you with a LiveO2 team member who can help answer your question.