IntroductionThis protocol is supports the immune system and enhances detoxification. It is excellent for:
- Immune Support
- Detoxification via perspiration
- Avascular Tissue Oxygenation
- Individuals with limited exertion capacity
Hyperthermia from a sauna lifts immunological performance. Oxygen Multistep Therapy documented an increase in oral body temperature to 40°C, increases leukocyte count by 17%, +-7%. See page 224 of Oxygen Multistep Therapy, Sauna Procedure.
Consult your doctor if you have any condition which would prevent you from using a sauna.
|When Used|| |
|Detox Intensity||Medium – tends to create elevated heart rate for several hours afterwards. Duration of heart rate elevation suggests performance of detoxification.|
|Time||5 minutes to tolerance|
|Typical Response|| |
- Fill the oxygen reservoir to at least 1/3
- Full reservoir usually not required because use at rest
- Respiratory volume usually does not drain reservoir
- Put on the mask and connect
- Use sauna to tolerance
- If you have a thermometer – note body temperature
- Do not exceed 104 degrees
- Adaptive Contrast Users
- Switch to -O2 to increase core blood flow
- Switch to -O2 to maximize detoxification via perspiration
- At exit Continue breathing oxygen until pulse drops 100 BPM.
- Thymus Extract 200-500 mg
- Magnesium Orotate/Aspartate 500 mg
- Thiamine 100 mg
- Vitamin C 500 mg
- 500 mg Arginine Alpha-ketoglutarate
- Supplemental nutrients are NOT usually necessary to achieve the detoxification effects.
- Immune modulation increases to Lymphocyte counts used immune modulators
- Increases in Lymphocyte motility are observable without supplementation with Live Blood observation
The immunological aspect of this protocol simulates a fever triggering the physiological adaptations that occur in the body under elevated temperature.
An increase in temperature will normally escalate hemoglobin desaturation causing an increase in oxygen delivery to hyperthermic tissues.Application of heat lifts immunological performance. Oxygen Multistep Therapy documented an increase in oral body temperature to 40°C, increases leukocyte count by 17%, +-7%. See page 224 of Oxygen Multistep Therapy, Sauna Procedure.
Note that a temperature of 104°F, or 40°C, is very high and may be above the tolerance for many indivduals. Modest increases in body temperature are very helpful, and repeated application often result in increases in tolerance.
Availability of at-home hyperthermia devices, IR Saunas, and whole body heating pads, enables daily therapeutic use, and lowers stress of hyperthermic immune enhancement. Daily use enables incremental and repeated therapy for cumulative benefit.
Immune Enhancement Protocol
This protocol is extracted from Oxygen Multistep Therapy, except this protocol uses heat to tolerance instead of targeting a fixed core temperature of 104°F. This high temperature is very high, and should be a therapy goal over time.
LiveO2 Hyperthermia Training
Application of heat lifts metabolism. Saunas or hotrooms are well known. A recent method of using a Biomat or whole body heating pad produce similar results by increasing metabolic stress in the presence of oxygen.
Oxygen Multistep Therapy when performed as below increases leukocyte count by 10-24%. This is highly significant in virtually all metabolic syndromes.
Distal Saturation Effect
Oxygen’s affinity to hemoglobin decreases as temperature increases. This means that hemoglobin that travels to warmer tissues will be prone to release oxygen as the blood temperature rises to the temperature of the distal tissue.
This decrease will cause hyperthermic tissues to have experience an increase in oxygen delivery due to elevated desaturation. This is the probable reason that “heat” is recommended to accelerate healing in later stages of joint injury recovery.
Validation of changes in lymphocyte count are conventionally confirmed with a traditional blood panel. Take a blood test before. Suggest at least 1 week of daily use of the protocol. Then take another blood test. Difference will likely be relevant.
To reproduce these results with a microscope:
- Take a blood sample before Immune O2 Protocol and video motility of a lymphocyte
- Do the protocol as directed. Utilize hyperthermia to physical tolerance
- Take a 2nd blood sample and video the motility of a lymphocyte
- Compare motility of first and second lymphocytes by video
- Motility differences normally observable immediately.
This video shows increased motility of a lymphocyte observed after hyperthermia and oxygen.